Friday, April 30, 2010

Jazz & Heritage

It's that magical time of year: Jazz Fest has been going since last Friday and I've been going every day taking pictures for WWOZ. I've taken a lot more than these but some highlights that might be of interest to this blog:

Classie Ballou


classie ballou


Grandpa Elliot

has been popular because of some youtube video. He's a New Orleans street artist but his knee slappin' and demeanor was a pretty cool way to open the day
grampaelliot


Voices of the Wetlands

was a supergroup of sorts and very well arranged. Check these two favorite characters out
drjohnandtoussaint
voicesofthewetlands


Robert "One String" Gibson

is another New Orleans street artist, but of particular interest because of all the Unitar love I spread on this blog
robertonestringgibson


Campbell Brothers


campbellbrothers


Lil' buck Senegal


lilbuck


since Mardi Gras Indians are so fun to shoot

Creole Wild West


creolewildwest2
creolewildwest


And some general dancing at the Fais Do-Do Stage
faisdodo



Apologies for the oversaturation, it didn't look that way on my laptop screen.

Let me know if there's anything you want me to catch or want to know if I did catch. You can check out a few others either shot by me or anybody else at wwoz.org

No comments: