Friday, August 7, 2009

Bowling Green State University Gospel Choir - Bring a Tenth of Your Worth


I feel like the gospel I've been posting has been sort of skirting the real stuff. Gospel for people who don't like gospel. I like Gospel, it doesn't have to have dirty guitars and strange instrumentation, it just needs energy.

So here you have something pretty normal (not to say "boring"). I don't know much about this album and I don't know whether there's much to know. I know that it's on Savoy, so it's got enough quality to be released on a non-vanity label, which is surprising for a college choir release. Of course, I could listen and tell you that. This is choir heavy, not about crazy impassioned shouting, but a good strong choir with enough instrumental backing for it to be fun.

I'll put it this way, if you're looking for a wild gem of rock & roll hidden in a gospel sleeve, today is not your day. If you just want another gospel album and don't know where to turn, this should be a fun listen

Get it here

No comments: