Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ernie K-Doe at WTUL

As I've said a few times here, I DJ at Tulane's Radio station. My show right now is nothing I'd recommend tuning into, but I certainly would have tuned into Burn K-Doe Burn. Such exuberant DJ stylings are pretty much gone on that station now.



And since there might be a little draught of vinyl rips for a while (most of the out-of-print stuff I have is pretty boring or put up by somebody else) here's MY favorite Ernie K-Doe song. For those of you unacquainted with this New Orleans music personality, his biggest number is Mother In Law, though he's getting a little post-humous popularity resurgence since "Here Come The Girls" was used in a Levis commercial.






If this song "Ain't it the truth" (sometimes "Tain't") doesn't impress you just give it one more listen and be surprised when it doesn't leave your head for a month. Or maybe thats just because I mangled its meaning to be about New Orleans when I was evacuating for Gustav.

No comments: